Each day that passes that I don't have a job, I have less money and lose a little bit more of my sanity! Add that to my cabin fever and what can I say? I hope this is worth it.
On a good note; I have had one interview, that I felt went well. I also a received a response from one of my selected local photographers, Lisa Slotsve, that may be interested in having me on as an assistant this season! She is an amazing photographer, and our styles would mesh well. I am really excited about that opportunity, and also happy that all of my outreach emails have not been a total waste of my time! It's encouraging, and I've built quite the list of other potential photographers that I would love to assist this year :D! I've also volunteered over at the MLPS Photo Center and I think it will be a great way to keep active in my field and meet some people in the meantime.
It's going to be a busy day tomorrow, and I really hope that the fact that I spilled wine all over my laptop won't ruin this for me 0_o!
...............
As far as life in the hotel goes, well... it sucks.
Halen can't seem to get it that he shouldn't be going to the bathroom right on the pathways, and now that there's so much snow he has no idea where to go. He also hates the cold, and windy, snowy weather (as do I!) so going out means gearing us both up in our winter gear each time he rings the bell to go out.
Another thing I miss is cooking. We have a 2 skillet stove and a microwave, and that's it. I am trying to eat healthier, but it isn't really working right now. I can feel myself getting fatter every day :(. And did I mention that it smells like tacos in here?? No matter how much febreeze I use, IT WON'T GO AWAY!!
We're looking at some apartments tomorrow, and I can't wait to get settled in. I also can't wait for the day when I own my own home and am finally done with renting! What a waste of money. Unfortunately, I checked my credit today and it was worse than I thought! WTF? I am going to have to really work on improving that somehow if I plan on getting a decent interest rate any time soon. So I guess to sum it up; things are tough right now, but I feel that good things are in the near future.
No comments:
Post a Comment